The goals of the Core Curriculum are:
- Expose students to the universe of human knowledge and to provide perspective across disciplines in an academically challenging course of studies.
- Improve communication and numerical literacy.
- Develop students’ critical and analytical abilities.
- Encourage intellectual maturity through interaction with instructors and peers.
- Enhance understanding and appreciation of diverse cultures and environments.
- Prepare students for ethical and responsible citizenship
- Creating a Core Course
- Assessing in the Core
- SIU's Early Warning Intervention Program (EWIP)